Nutrition

Saturday, January 16, 2016

No Progress

If you're working out three times a week at the gym and you're not seeing any progress, you have to look at the bigger picture.  Something is better than nothing, but what are you doing for all the other hours you're not at the gym.

There are 168 hours in the week. And as much as you and I would both love more hours in the day and week, that's just not going to happen.  So if you get three workouts in each week, what are you doing the other 165 hours out of the week?

Many of us have days that are crazy busy. Running from one job to the other or appointment to another and maybe even kid's athletic or activity events in the evenings.  I know that's what my daily schedule is like. And if you don't have a plan in place, it's no wonder you're not making any progress.

One of the simplest things to do is write things down. I don't really know how many times I've said it but we never plan fail, we just fail to plan.

Write things down like:
• daily schedule
• breakfast
• lunch
• dinner
• water
• snacks-Thus is really important!!!

Snacks seems to be the place were folks get derailed all the time.  We just eat too much. When you don't have a plan it's just too easy to run into a corner market and grab something or stop and grab fast food. You have to have healthy sit-down snacks and healthy travel-snacks.  

Another important thing to do is to pack the night before. I am up and out at 4:30 AM every morning. Many days it's a struggle to make a decision that early in the morning. So planning out my day the night before really helps.

Give it a go.

If you need help making progress message me or give me a call.

971-241-7182 or info@mvppt.net





No comments:

Post a Comment