Nutrition

Monday, April 6, 2015

Peri-Workout Nutrition



There’s been much discussion lately regarding Peri-Workout Nutrition(Fueling the body during workouts).  Fueling the body during the workout is not only essential, it works.  We all know that there must be fuel in the tank to make the vehicle run.  But what is the best option?  There is no replacement for a sound nutrition plan.  Depending on your goals, this will drive what you should eat, but you have to have a plan.  My recent Journey  has shed some light on my personal nutrition and how I respond.  One of my main goals was to lose weight and body fat.  A secondary goal was to stay strong or maintain and improve my strength.  With this, my main meal became my dinner.  Partly because we sit down as a family most nights and it is a good time to refuel and catch up with my girls.  Through my plan, I avoided pastas and heavy carbs and went with more fruits and vegetables.  However, if I knew I was going to have a tough or long workout, I would throw in some oatmeal or extra carbs for breakfast.  In all my workouts, I use a Pre, Peri and Post Workout Drink.  RipStix Supplements to be exact.

http://frankbaumholtz.myripstix.com/shopcart_products.html?category=RipStix%20Combo%20Kits&country=us&language=en


There are many reasons to use Pre, During and Post Workout Recovery Nutrition.  A couple popular supplements are Beta-Alanine and L-Arginine.  Beta-alanine helps to buffer acid in muscles, increase physical performance and can aid in lean mass gain. Beta-alanine is a building block of Carnosine.  Carnosine in an anti-oxidant and anti-aging compound.  Win-Win. It might give you a little tingling sensation after taking it, but it is harmless.   L-Arginine is an essential amino acid that assists with blood flow and nitric oxide levels. Balance if you will.   In simple terms, we need to Fuel and Refuel our bodies in order to maximize and attain our performance goals.
There are many workout nutrition options out there and you have to make sure they are reputable and have a quality track record.  I’d even make sure they were pharmaceutical grade, like Zija Products.   As I’ve mentioned, I use RipStix Supplements for my workout nutrition to fill in the gaps between my normal meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment