Nutrition

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Snatch Ques

There's always more than one way to skin a cat, but recently I was in Salt Lake City and had the opportunity to hang for 3 days with Strong First Master Trainer, Dan John.  If you're never followed Dan's material, you have to check him out.  His website is www.danjohn.net.  Back to my cat. 

One of the days I was hanging with Dan, I got to see him in action.  A young man from Gremany stopped by and Dan was working with him on his kettlebell snatch technique. I wish I has taken some videos, because he got tremendously better in just a matter of minutes.  Dan's ques took this young man from a, to be honest, terrible(I mean Terrible) snatch, to a pretty good looking snatch in just a matter of minutes.  Dan broke the snatch down into pieces and put it all together with just a few ques that were easy to understand.  Here are a few from the session.

Snatch Ques
     -Hike the bell like a football
     -Throw the bell through
     -Thumb in the butt hole
     -Off Hand should mirror working arm
     -Elbow Punch
     -Stab at the Finish

I'll work on a video so you can see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment