Nutrition

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Day

Another day of discussion with my students about exercise programming.  The challenge is to educate them on proper form and technique, exercises selection and placement.  Many just don't get it.  

This a day after a colleague of mine shared with me that her best friend's husband is in the hospital.  He participated in a New Year's Eve challenge workout and has since been diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis.  

Another example of unacceptable practices with an individual that should have never been doing that kind of workout.  No one should for that matter.  Just unacceptable.

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) has been around for a long time.  It's nothing new.  It's only been in the recent past that ridiculous protocols have been implemented with clients that have no business doing these types of workouts.  The result is that people are getting seriously injured.  

Within this last week one if my clients was asking me what I thought about all the different type of challenge workouts going on right now.  My first response was, " I think they're just silliness".  Trainers with just enough knowledge to e dangerous.  

There is a right place and time to implement HIIT.  There's also the right client to do it with as well.  Not everyone is ready or some might never be ready for HIIT.

I'll keep forging ahead.  Training, Educating and fixing 'em one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment