Nutrition

Sunday, April 14, 2013

72 Hour Cleanse

Over the last week my house has been slammed with the Flu.  Luckily, all of us didn’t get it.  My girls, however, fell victim to the bug and were not able to eat for several days.  I only tell you this because nutrition has been a hot topic lately.  It can have a huge impact on your health and fitness goals.  With my girls getting sick, adding food back into them, that was palatable, was challenging.  More on this in a little bit.

Recently, there has been a huge push from many nutrition companies to take their products.  Can you say money maker!!  Sure, many individuals are deficient in many categories, but how do you know?  Without proper screening you just don’t.  I have a hard time recommending supplements to folks if I’m just guessing.  I’d rather take the natural wholesome approach.

I will never recommend or program any supplement or exercise if I haven’t tried it first.  And if I don’t know they will work.  With everyone getting sick, I decided to look at my own nutritional intake.  I dislike many of the nutritional company’s approaches because they force a bunch of ingredients down your throat and you can even pronounce their names.  A client asked me the other day, “What Brand and supplements do you use, Frank?”  I told her I use Prograde Nutrition.  I could go on and on about Prograde, but they are just plain Great.  And just remember, A great product isn’t cheap and a cheap product isn’t great.  Here is what I take daily:

Fish/Krill Oil
Milti-Viatamin
Glucosamine
Whey Protein(1-3 Shakes a day depending on training)

In my own efforts to channel my nutrition I went on a 72 Hour Cleanse from Prograde Nutrition.  I just completed it actually and lost 8 pounds.  Why a Cleanse?  There are a many reasons why you should do a 72-hour cleanse.  Here are just a handful...
    •    Decreases inflammatory issues
    •    Increases energy and freshness
    •    It may help you eat less during the day
    •    Decrease the amount of weight you might normally gain
    •    Improve nutrient and antioxidant status BEFORE eating unhealthy food
    •    Jump-start your health resolution in a BIG way!
    •    You will change your relationship with food and reduce your junk food cravings

Here is the part that I mentioned earlier about having a hard time adding foods back into my girls after they got sick.  With the 72 Hour Cleanse from Prograde Nutrition, once you are done, you slowly add foods back into your daily routine.  Keep up the fruits and vegetables and add in lean protein, nuts and keep the starches low or out.  Same as adding things back for the girls, it was a challenging and slow process, but effective.  We stayed away from the high citrus initially, then added it back in.

The best part of the 72 Hour Cleanse from Prograde Nutrition, is the price.  Instead of paying a ridiculous 200, 300 or 400 dollars, it’s just $27.  And you can find all the ingredients in your local supermarket (in fact, you might already have it in your kitchen). NO needed supplements or overpriced juices.  Just plain wholesome organic food.

If you want to know more about my personal experience, email me or stop in to MVP Performance Training.  I’d be glad to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment