At MVP, We follow a some simple rules when if comes to daily nutrition. First and foremost, Keep it simple.
1. Eat Breakfast. You have to have fuel in the take in order to burn it. With the intensity of our workouts, running on empty is not a good idea.
2. Eat Every 3-4 Hours. We never want to wait until we are hungry to eat.
3. Eat More Lean Protein. Find a way to increase your protein intake. If that means taking a an extra shake or two a day then do it. If you have leftovers from the night before then do that. It is just crucial for muscle gorwth.
4. Eat a Colorful Plate. And I mean colorful. Green, red, purple, you get the picture.
5. Avoid Grains. This one is just for my "Fat Loss" individuals. If you're a competing athlete, I go a different direction with this. However, if your number one goal is to lose body fat, then Avoid Grains Like The PLAGUE! Over eating and consuming large portions of grains is a killer. In more ways than one.
6. Stay Hydrated. What color is your pee? Yes, I know. Too Personal. But your urine is a good and simple indicator of hydration. If it is dark yellow or even orangish-brown, DRINK MORE WATER!
7. Take a Fish Oil. There are countless reasons as to why we should take daily fish oil. One being that they help with fat metabolism and over all body rejuvenation.
If you are in need of assistance, whether its with your diet or getting a jump start on your workouts, give us a call at MVP Performance Training or stop in at 820 SE 1st Street. McMinnville, OR 97128. We'd be glad to help you with any of your personal training or performance needs.